The SMART goal framework is a useful framework for planning, structuring and executing work towards a specific goal for Losing weight. It is a user-friendly methodology, in that it instructs which aspects of a goal and associated milestones should be included, and how these should be formulated to have best effect. This combination makes the SMART framework very powerful and significantly increases the chances of the goal at hand actually being reached.
- Run 3k three times a week for the next six months.
- Cut calorie intake to 1250kcal per day for three months.
- Undertake weight lifting once a week for the next six months.
- Finish 10 crossfit WODs per month until the end of this year
The smart method
A goal will only qualify as SMART if all aspects are fulfilled. When correctly formulated, SMART goals ensure that you:
The acronym for smart:
- S - (Specific): Have a clear direction of where you are heading
- M - (Measurable): Can assess the outcome of your efforts
- A - (Achievable): Work towards a realistic ambition
- R - (Relevant): Focus resources on the correct tasks
- T - (Time-bound): Feel an appropriate sense of urgency